Arabella Advisors manages a suite of independent nonprofit organizations that provide fiscal sponsorship and project incubation to a wide range of charitable initiatives. We partner with donors and social entrepreneurs to develop, launch, and manage initiatives that enable them to focus on their charitable mission while our team of nonprofit management experts executes the entire legal, financial, and operational framework.
No two social and environmental change initiatives are alike, and the tools and platforms by which donors execute them are more sophisticated than ever. In many cases, establishing a new nonprofit entity is not the most effective use of a funder’s resources, as creating an effort from the ground up requires significant labor, time, and expertise. A fiscal sponsor can partner with you to take stock of the tools available to you and determine how your resources can best be deployed. Fiscal sponsors can incubate new initiatives that enable donors and social entrepreneurs to quickly begin delivering on their social mission while entrusting operations, finances, and compliance to experts in nonprofit management.
Arabella manages four nonprofit entities—three 501(c)(3) public charities and one 501(c)(4) social welfare organization—that serve as incubators and accelerators for a range of philanthropic initiatives. Each was founded to meet the increasingly diverse needs of donors and changemakers. While Arabella supports all four organizations with best-in-class systems and technology to rapidly conduct due diligence and disburse funds, each is managed by staff who cater to particular needs. The four entities are:
- The New Venture Fund is one of the premier fiscal sponsors in the world, executing some of philanthropy’s most complex domestic and international projects and partnering with the majority of the nation’s leading foundations.
- The Windward Fund seeks to raise public awareness about the importance of conservation, climate and environmental issues, sustainable food systems, and the protection of land, wildlife, and other natural resources. It provides a platform for donors committed to building a stronger conservation movement to learn from each other, forge relationships with peers and experts, and collaborate efficiently to make the most of their resources.
- The Sixteen Thirty Fund is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization that partners with a range of donors to lobby for public policy change, lead effective public education and issue advocacy campaigns, and, in some instances, undertake targeted and strategic political activities to achieve their social and environmental goals.
- The Hopewell Fund helps donors, social entrepreneurs, and other changemakers quickly launch new initiatives. Hopewell offers a nimble, quick-to-market platform for incubating and testing innovative ideas.
How Arabella Can Help
- Quickly set up new incubated projects and begin receiving tax-deductible grants on their behalf
- Rapidly execute domestic and international grants
- Host and facilitate donor collaboratives
- Manage advocacy and lobbying campaigns, including compliance oversight
- Manage tandem 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) campaigns to make the most of advocacy resources
- Conduct rapid due diligence on potential grantees
- Design and manage RFP processes
- Provide human resources for project employees
- Provide full financial management and donor reporting for hosted projects
- Spin off hosted projects into independent entities